Sunday, September 20, 2009

Silver Week and a Golden Weekend

This weekend has been one of firsts for me. On Friday I got my Alien Registration Card. Then I got my phone. LINK This site has the details better than I could write them.... But overall, I am loving my TV. Once I get a MicroSD card, I will use my phone as a media player as well. I'm thinking I can watch some Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, or some The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, or even Some Are You Afraid of the Dark. That will be awesome. Apparently this phone can also play flash games, so I might look into finding some.
Saturday was spent in quiet contemplation, and looking for Ghostbusters in Japanese for my host family. We found a store that rents it, but it was rented already.....
Sunday I got a call from Lance inviting me to our friend Brent's Barbeque. I went and ate delicious Yakitori or grilled bird, grilled shrimp, grilled peppered bacon, and random other meat products. There I met Brent's host-brother, he was a neat guy. So much so that we took him with us when we went to practice our terrible Karaoke skills that night. We decided that in order to maximize our training montage, we needed to approach it sober. We opted out of Nomihodai (all you can drink) this time, and instead enjoyed a fun session of friendly singing. I sang such works as Love Slave by Under17, Fruits Candy by an artist whose name I could never learn to write, Promise by MiChi, Daydream Beleiver by the Monkees, Ai No Shirushi by Puffy Ami Yumi, and another song that was introduced to me by the best teacher I ever had.
But I think the highlight of the night was the duet Brent and I sang. We sang Angel by Shaggy, he did the rap parts, I did the rest. It was amazing.
On the way home while on the train, I was playing some Pokemon and ran into a situation that occurs 8 times in 65536 or 1/8192, 2-13, or approximately 0.012207% for those mathly inclined... I found and caught a shiny version of a Pokemon I am currently using in my party. She will now replace the one I have been raising for the last week. For those of you who do not know, shiny Pokemon are Pokemon that have a different coloring that their non-shiny counterparts. If you are interested in seeing the difference, I direct you to HERE. The sprites are at the bottom of the page just above the links and name trivia section.
I would like to thank those of you who donated to my phone fund. I am still accepting donations, so feel free to contribute what you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...really, really liked the song...had no idea what he was saying, of course...but really liked the sound of it.

~Mom

Anonymous said...

...and...I checked your math...You are correct :) Nice job!!! (made me want to cry...so..proud!!!)

Congrats on the catch :)

~Mom